Onyfix: A painless non-surgical correction for ingrown and involuted toenails
posted: Jan. 15, 2021.
Toronto Podiatrist Sheldon Nadal, D.P.M. is now utilizing Onyfix, an innovative product that allows for a painless solution for your incurvated and ingrown toenail. It is a putty or resin that attaches to your nail which then comes back to a more natural shape as it grows. The application is totally pain free and the vast majority of people experience no discomfort as the nail grows out.
- The surface of the nail is roughened with a burr to allow the Onyfix primer to grip the nail
- The nail is degreased with alcohol to ensure the composite adheres correctly
- Apply the Onyfix primer thinly and evenly to the entire nail
- Dry the primer with a special blue light
- Composite is applied to the nail close to the base of the nail
- The composite is then hardened using the blue light
With nail growth, the nail correction will grow out toward the end of the toe, which encourages the nail to grow into a more natural shape.
The procedure is almost always painless. We will see you periodically during the course of the treatment to evaluate your success.
If you or someone you know suffers from ingrown nails, please call the podiatrist office of Sheldon Nadal, D.P.M. at 416-486-9917 for a consultation to see if you would benefit from Onyfix treatment.